Industries Served by Berthold Technologies
Berthold Technologies is the industry leader in non-contact process instrumentation. We offer a vast array of solutions for any industrial process control needs and pride ourselves on offering our customers the best measurement solutions, not just devices. Our measurement systems reliably cut costs and maximize safety and efficiency, while still maintaining the highest accuracy possible. Berthold proudly serves a wide range of industries and offers unmatched customer support and training throughout the life cycle of your Berthold products.
Refineries use various operating units to process crude oil into refined products, such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuels, and feedstocks for petrochemicals. To maximize operating income margins, refiners must push units to their maximum throughput. Process control is a vital part of ensuring that this can be achieved in the safest and most efficient way possible. Operators must reliably and accurately measure various parameters throughout the refining process.
Our multiphase level measurement systems are an ideal solution wherever several phases are formed, and a density profile is required to monitor a separation process. This is particularly important when dealing with a lack of clear separation between phases and extreme process conditions. Learn more about radiometric measurement solutions through Berthold.
- Multiphase level measurement for monitoring the oil/emulsions/water interfaces in desalters.
- Level measurement of distillation bottoms.
- Measuring level and high/low level alarm in continuous catalytic reforming processes.
- Measuring level and density of catalyst fines in fluid catalytic cracking processes.
- Measuring density and level in Resid hydrocrackers.
- Measuring level and level switch in delayed coker units.
- Level in solvent deasphalting units.
Oil and Gas Production
Radiometric measurement systems are vital to the crude oil and gas industry. They allow for the control and monitoring of level, interface level, emulsion layers, and density of materials without compromising time or material integrity. Oil and gas production requires the containment, transport and measurement of highly corrosive and viscous materials, which other data acquisition solutions would not manage without presenting a significant cost to the operator.
Berthold Technologies interface measurement systems are used in horizontal and vertical separators, allowing for reliable control and measurement of oil, emulsions, and water interfaces during the crude oil separation process.
- Measuring drilling density.
- Level alarm for safety applications.
- Measuring oil in level separators.
- Multiphase level measurement.
- Measuring liquid level in wet gas scrubbers.
- Measuring sand level in hydrocyclones or tanks.
Metal and Steel
Berthold Technologies produces highly sensitive and accurate measurement systems for all major steel production facilities worldwide. We provide a wide range of standard products, as well as tailor made measurement solutions. This allows our systems to adapt perfectly to any measurement, performance and economic requirements presented by a steel or metal manufacturer.
Berthold manufactures radiometric measurement systems that are used to monitor critical processes and improve manufacturing productivity. Review our Measurement Solutions White Paper for additional information.
- Mold level measurement of the steel meniscus during continuous casting applications
- Limit switch in walking beam furnace
- Silo and Bunker Moisture Level Monitoring
- Monitoring of moisture of blast furnace slag
- Monitoring of moisture on the conveyor belt
- Concentration of electroplating solution
- castXpert LB 452
- CONGUAGE LB 6755
- LB 350
- MicroPolar LB 567/568
- DuoSeries LB 472
- SENSseriesLB 480 LS
Pulp and Paper
Berthold’s radiometric measurement systems allow the measurement of online developments, so that a paper manufacturer can measure various values throughout the production process without having to delay or stop it.
The pulp and paper manufacturing industries present daily challenges that nuclear measurement solutions are well suited to combat. Berthold Technologies has created solutions specifically geared to streamline and perfect the production process. We employ microwave transmission technology to provide real-time measurements of the moisture content of wood chips – even pulp consistency measurements are possible.
- Measuring the blockage detection in the pulper.
- Measuring mass flow measurement of wood chips or bark.
- Measuring the mass flow of recycled paper on all conveyor types.
- Measuring the pulp stock level in the MC standpipe.
- Density measurement of green or black liquor.
- Density measurement of lime mud.
- Measuring the moisture content of wood chips.
- Measuring ash content in processed wood pulp.
- DuoSeries LB 472
- SmartSeries LB 414
- Micropolar LB 567/568
- SENSseries LB 480 L
- LB Microwave Resonator
Berthold’s nuclear measurement components are externally mounted and non-contact, which offers a range of benefits to our customers in the sugar refining industry. Our systems are not exposed to or impacted by process media, and therefore remain unaffected by acidic, abrasive and sticky conditions. They are easy to retrofit on existing pipes or tanks, and don’t require modifications.
Our microwave based systems were especially designed for applications in the sugar industry. The MicroPolar Brix LB 565 system provides unsurpassed accuracy during the online measurement of density, concentration, and Brix value.
- Measuring °BRIX in the evaporation process.
- Highly accurate °BRIX and concentration measurements in the crystallizer.
- Process control for density in lime milk.
- Measuring the mass flow rate of sugar beets or cane.
- Measuring the moisture of sugar beet slices and bagasse on conveyor belts or shutes.
- Measuring of moisture in sugar crystals for cube production.
No matter your industry, If your needs include radiometric measurement technology, Berthold makes the right solution for you. For additional information about Industries served by Berthold, contact TechStar, your local Berthold representative.